An Ideal Vacation
One Day, although it probably will not be in the near future, I want to go on an outrageous vacation to Europe. I have family that currently lives in the Netherlands and I have always wanted to go visit there. Considering the fact that I am 50% Dutch, I think it would be really interesting to experience the culture first hand and truly see what it is like.

My mom has been there a few times and has always raved about the giant windmills and beautiful landscape. Since traveling from country to country in Europe is almost comparable to traveling from one state to another in the United States, I would like to visit more than just the Netherlands. France is another European country that I am interested in visiting. Since my freshman year of high school, I have taken two trimesters of French every year. I love the language and I think it would be fun to be able to be in a foreign language and actually understand and interact with the people.

The Eiffel tower, even as cheesy as it sounds, is one of the main reasons I would like to go to Paris. My French teacher has been to France about three times and says that she is mesmerized still by the size and complexity of the structure. She went on to say how extremely beautiful Paris is with the lights and all of the flowers and landscaping throughout the city. The last stop on this dream vacation, to make it a “tri-fecta”, would be a stop in Italy, Rome to be specific. Food: the main reason that I would want to visit Italy.

I cannot even begin to imagine all of the varieties of pizza and gelato and spaghetti that they serve. Although I am not a huge Catholic, I would love to see the beautiful churches and buildings they have. From Culture to architecture to food and drink, I think this would be the perfect vacation and I could not ask for more. Now, all I have to do is save until I am about 50 years old to get enough money for all of this!
I'm the first comment. O yeah.
ReplyDeleteAll these places sounds so exciting. I also want travel the world at some point in my life. I would hope it would be sometine soon, but we'll see. Paris would be a blast. Also, I could find myself going to Rome to fight some lions and gladiators. Wait a second...If you wanna go to the smae places lets just go together! ;)
I just love your photo's, they are just beautiful. My oldest son when to Europe for 17 days, and he love every bit of it. He did mention that Denmark was his favorite, go figure. I hope your dream comes true, and now it seems you may have a travel partner.
ReplyDeleteAlso love the photos....Europe would be sooo cool. I graduated college the first time as an interior designer and we had to take two semesters of History of Art and Architechure...most all of this comes from Europe. Theres so much cool history in their Art over there its amazing!
ReplyDeleteI want to go to Europe sometime too! I specifically want to go to Vatican City because I am Catholic. I want to see the Pope at least once in my life. Paris would be fun too!
ReplyDeleteThat French teacher of yours sounds like quite the classy lady. Anyway, that trip sounds sweet. Like you, I also plan to travel over to Europe for a bit (as you can read in my blog). Europe really seems like it would be a cool place to visit.
ReplyDelete