Tis the Season
Of all the holidays we celebrate here in America, like most young kids, and some old, my favorite of all is Christmas. I love waking up to the Christmas radio station where all you here are the classics such as: “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” and “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer”. Furthermore, my eyes light up at the sight of twinkling Christmas lights upon roofs and porches and the glimmering of the lights and ornaments on a Christmas tree through a window. I am convinced there is no better holiday than Christmas. However, there are a few things that I could go without this holiday season!
I am not, nor will I ever be, a Black Friday shopper! Nothing stresses me out more than hundreds of people in every store, lines of people waiting to pay for their new found purchases that wind out the door. I have only ever been out on Black Friday once, and that one time was more than enough for me! The mall was like some sort of horrible jam one would find on the highway and all of the shoes, clothes, jackets, purses, and jewelry? Sure, they were all on sale, and so picked over I could never actually find anything that I was really looking for. Since that Black Friday two years ago I learned, I am more of a random Wednesday night shopper; therefore, I spend the day after Thanksgiving relaxing, putting up the tree at our house, and going through the boxes of decorations.
Though Black Friday is one thing I could go without, there is one thing I dislike more than the busiest shopping day of the year, and that thing is snow. More car accidents happen during this time than any other time in the year. I hate the cold, and the ice, and the slow moving twenty mile per hour traffic. After all of the times I have slipped and fell walking somewhere or all of the ditches I have somehow managed to land in, the snow and I are less than friends. Though it makes everything a little bit prettier, and gives the town a Christmas feel, I wouldn’t miss the snow if it never came back.
Despite the negatives to this holiday season, it’s still my favorite by far. Every Christmas morning is still the best morning ever and I tend to get just as excited at age 17 as I did when I was 10. Christmas will continue to bring a smile to my face and when I’m on my own in the future I know how to have the perfect Christmas, Christmas in Florida!
So I wrote my blog and then saw that you did Christmas too, but I figure its ok since we wrote them differently lol. But I completely agree with you on the snow. I absolutely hate it because I hate being so cold. I do the Black Friday thing, but that is mainly just because it's a great time for me to hang out with my sisters and my mom. I hate the lines, but I like to be with my family.
ReplyDeleteWho sings "Im Dreaming of a White Christmas?" I absolutely love to hear that deep mellow voice at Christmas time.
ReplyDelete