In my future, I intend on becoming a psychotherapist, someone who helps patients cope with disorders such as anorexia, depression, and other sicknesses. They use many therapy secessions, and tactics to help nurse their patients back to mental help. I have chosen to do my research paper on psychodynamic psychotherapy, more commonly known as psychodynamic therapy. Even as complicated and medical it sounds; psychodynamic therapy is simply an insight to unconscious processes that a person’s behavior may contain. What it does mainly, is allow a patient to understand how their past is currently influencing their present life. By becoming aware of their “sickness,” not only can they easily get healthy, but also they can learn to fix those unresolved conflicts from their past. Psychodynamic therapy has evolved from a number of different therapies, but mainly it has emerged from psychoanalytic therapy. Psychodynamic therapy is simply a less in depth version of psychoanalytic therapy. Psychodynamic therapy is a long term therapy (generally at least two years) and encases a range of varieties of therapies such a group, individual, and family therapy. Despite the long period of time and countless hours of therapy, psychodynamic therapy is said to be one of the most effective types of therapy and is proven to be extremely helpful over a wide range of patients. Many believe that psychodynamic therapy is one of the most effective because it is also one of the oldest therapies of its kind and has many years of trial and error to perfect itself. I hope to one day master psychodynamic therapy as a tactic of being a psychotherapist.

Your career choice sounds very interesting! I would love to help people out with your type of therapy too. I know a lot of people who need and use a psychtherapist, so Ill recommend them to you!
ReplyDeleteI agree this career choice does sound very interesting. also many people do need this. it seems like more and more people are needing the help of someone like this, with depression and everything else going on. This is a very good topic.
ReplyDeleteWhat an appealing career that sounds like. I think a job like that would be great; dealing with different types of sicknesses and seeing different people everyday. Any job where you're helping others out would be so rewarding.
ReplyDeleteWell the name sounds very confusing, especially with multiple diffferent names, but you explained it very well. It sounds like a very rewarding career. I think it's interesting to learn about the different types of illnesses you mentioned, but I would hate to experience them. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYour career choice is a very interesting one. I would of never guessed that is what psychotherapist does for a living. I think this career choice would be a lot of fun because you would get to deal with a lot of different people and you would be able to help them. I think picking a career of which you can help people is really important. I wish you the best of luck.
ReplyDeleteI actually dont know much about this career path. I dont think that I could do it because I have a hard time listening and not talking sometimes, but someone who can do that must have a lot of patience. Im wondering how much money you would make in this type of career.
ReplyDeleteI was sitting in psychology class, and thought about therapy focusing on unconscious thought and how interesting it is, and then you blow my mind by talking about it in your blog. That is seriously weird. I might need to go to psychotherapy now just from reading this and realizing this coincidence. Anyway, if I need a therapist for any reason, such as the reason listed above, I'll be sure to contact you in ten years.
ReplyDeleteThis is truely interesting. It is good to see that you want to find a way to help people. Sometimes the best way to help people is just by listenign to them. I can see you doing quite well in this field because you have such a caring heart for people.
ReplyDeleteI think the mental health field is always in need of personnel who love the field. It's a extremely challenging field to work in and can be very strenuous and stressful. As a teacher, we see more and more students who are require mental care and attention in order to function in school. Its a growing field. Does one need a masters degree before practicing therapy?
ReplyDelete